Stokesley; College Square Primitive Methodist chapel
College Square Stokesley TS9 5DW
Stokesley Primitive Methodist chapel as shown in the picture was built in 1903 when they decided that better premises than the previous chapel (built in 1835 in Back Lane) were needed. The site on High Green (College Square) was acquired for £40 and the new chapel was built for a total cost of £832.
A new organ, built by Nelsons of Durham, was installed in the chapel in September 1915 for £265. When the chapel was closed the organ was transferred to Swainby Chapel. The chapel was closed around 1950 and became the N.F.U. Building.
Stokesley Methodist church website accessed January 19 2015