Stanley Lane Ends Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Street In Stanley is an unmade road on the west of Long Causeway and on the 1894 Ordnance Survey map a Primitive Methodist chapel is shown at the junction of the two roads where Google maps in 2009 shows a large new house. Interestingly, the same map shows another unmade street, parallel to and north of Chapel Street, called Primitive Mount. That still exists, but without the name or the original buildings. The name disappeared from OS maps between 1959 and 1964.
The chapel name disappears from OS maps between 1970 and 1979, although the building still exists on the 1979 map, marked as a warehouse.
Stanley Lane End Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on April 14th 1839 when the preachers were Bros J Clewer, Stephenson and J Featherstone, who wrote about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
Previously the society had worshipped in a low damp room which was often crowded to excess. The new chapel measured 30′(l) x 21′(w) .
Primitive Methodist magazine 1839 page 420