Staxton Primitive Methodist chapel
Main Street, Staxton, SCARBOROUGH, YO12 4SY
Staxton Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1847 according to the date stone over the door. It is built in red brick in Flemish bond, with a slate roof. The opening on December 12th is recorded in the Primitive Methodist magazine by J Cheeseman. There is further detail there.
On Google Street View in March 2009 it is disused and boarded up.
OS Grid Ref. TA0186479209
Primitive Methodist magazine March 1848 page 181