Scarborough Falsgrave Primitive Methodist chapel
St John's Road YO12 5ES
Scarborough Falsgrave Primitive Methodist chapel in St John’s Road is in an area of Victorian terraced housing. It was opened in 1879 and replaced an earlier chapel alongside which became the Sunday school..
The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the foundation stones by WS Caine Esq. for the new Primitive Methodist chapel. It was expected to seat 800 and cost nearly £2,000.
In 2016 on the site is a joint Methodist – United Reform society in a modern building.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 700