Settle Primitive Methodist chapel
Duke Street SETTLE BD24 9AS
The Religious Census of 1851 reported an average afternoon attendance of 100 and evening attendance of 150.
The chapel in the photograph was opened in 1909 and closed in 1979. It is now used by the Settle Christian Fellowship which is a Pentecostal church.
Colin Dews adds:
The first chapel, near the town centre, was built in the 1840s and is now domestic property. This was replaced in 1909 by one in Skipton Road, architect John Wills of Derby and London.