Sharlston Common Primitive Methodist chapel
Weeland Road, Sharlston Common, WAKEFIELD, WF4 1DA
Snarlston Common Primitive Methodist chapel which accommodated 240 was opened in 1913 and was closed in the 1960s. At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph it was a plumbing and heating business. However, on Google Street View in 2009 it had been demolished and replaced by a pair of new houses.
Primitive Methodist chapels often had a deep effect on their communities. The Sharlston Male Voice Choir is still active. The choir was formed in 1909 with just ten men under the leadership of Sharlston Common Primitive Methodist Chapel organist, Mathew Wood.