Sheffield Heeley Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1858 in Sheaf Street, now known as Gleadless Road.
There is an account of its reopening in 1879 in the Primitive Methodist magazine. They spent £700 on its enlargement and beautification.
The chapel was the predecessor to the still impressive Anns Road chapel opened in 1897. The Gleadless Road chapel still exists in commercial use and retains its date stone, albeit weathered.
Primitive Methodist magazine January 1880 page 58