The 1884 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us they were starting work on a new suite of commodious classrooms at John Street in the Sheffield Fifth Station.
The 1891 gives the next stage of the story. Despite the enlargement in 1884, the society continued to outgrow its premises so they decided to erect new premises on a new site to accommodate both part of the John Street church and schools and the mission the society had started in Sellors Street a few years previously which had also outgrown its building. They laid the memorial stones for what was to be a sizeable undertaking costing £4,500, including a chapel to seat 500, five classrooms, library and other accommodation.
The 1894 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on John Street, which runs on the northern side of Sheffield United’s Bramall Lane ground, just east of its junction with London Road. There is no sign of Prim premises on Sellers Street on the 1901-1903 map
There is a modern house on the site in 2008 and 2019.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1884 page 571
Primitive Methodist magazine 1891 October page 635