Wakefield Criggleston Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was built in 1871
Criggleston was once a mining area of Wakefield and it is likely that the congregation of Mount Zion would have been made up mostly of miners. The large brick built chapel sits on the corner of Cliff Road and Blacker Lane. There was a large Sunday School to the rear built in 1876. The building probably closed in the 1980s. In 2016 the whole of it has been turned into flats.
Photos taken March 2016
OS Map Ref:111:SE306159