Westow Primitive Methodist Chapel, Yorkshire
Westow is situated six miles south of Malton.
East Riding of Yorkshire Archives, Beverley has the following information about this chapel.
Ref. MRP/30: Westow Primitive Methodist Chapel built 1873, now demolished. Note: Deed for land at Westow to build a Primitive Methodist Chapel, c.1836. Also, Certificate of Registration of place of worship, March 1861.
Genuki has the following information from Bulmer’s History and Directory of East Yorkshire (1892):-
“The Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1873, at a cost of £165. It is furnished with open seats of pitch-pine to accommodate 100 persons.”