William Youlle tells us in the Primitive Methodist magazine that in 1848 Wetherby Primitive Methodists bought a second hand Independent chapel for £164 12s. 6d.. It was a substantial stone built building, well lighted and with a front gallery.
It opened on January 30th 1848. Speakers included J Bywater (Hull) and Miss Walker(Penhow) They would be left with a debt of £100, but all the let-able accommodation had been taken up.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1848 pages 248