The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Wickersley in the Rotherham station. They had raised over half of the cost.
The 1892 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on the south side of Bawtry Road just east of its junction with Morthen Road. There is a modern Methodist church building on the site on Street View (undated).
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 252