The foundation stone for Wooldale Primitive Methodist chapel was laid on July 15th 1865 by James Blackburn of Huddersfield. Rev J Woods (Wesleyan) preached. After a celebration tea there was a meeting chaired by Mr J Battye of Huddersfield. Speakers included Revs Hebblewhite, J Worsnop, Stout and messrs A Worsnop, G Dearnley and A Smales.
Wooldale Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on January 21st 1866. The new chapel cost £206 of which £126 had been raised.
Speakers at the opening services and celebrations included Mrs Tinker, Rev A Hebblewhite, JT Taylor, A Worsnop, G Stout, J Swales, J Lindley, G Durnley and C Glendinning. Both occasions are described in the Primitive Methodist magazine by A Worsnip.
On the 1893 Ordnance Survey map, a Primitive Methodist chapel is seen on Cliff Road, just south of its junction with Town End Road. By 1967 it is labelled Chapelle Lodge. It is obscured the one time Google Street View went past.
Thanks to Stan Driver for the 2021 photograph confirming the building still exists
Primitive Methodist magazine May 1866 page 307
Primitive Methodist magazine January page 44