Yeadon Primitive Methodist Chapel Yorkshire
This chapel was built in 1875
This large chapel,at one time known as Central, is situated in Town Hall Square. In 2015 it is used as offices.
It is interesting to note that Yeadon Temperance Society and The Band of Hope were formed in 1863. For 41 years they rented premises in Yeadon before moving into a newly built Temperance Hall in 1905. They had very strong links with the Primitive Methodist Chapel
We think that a Primitive Methodist chapel existed in Yeadon in 1831( see photo).This plaque embedded into the wall of the now Yeadon Methodist Church indicates this. All the buildings for this church are situated to the right of the old Primitive Methodist building and so we think that part of the buildings are the earlier Primitive chapel.(see photo)
Photos taken November 2014
OS Map Ref:104:SE209104