How to add a page to this site
Adding your words and pictures
You can add your words and photos to this site instantly. Just register a username and password, and off you go! You’ll be guided through the process by simple on-screen instructions and it only takes 10 minutes.
To download a Quick Guide go to the bottom of this page.
It’s a great way to share your own stories, memories, pictures and research with the rest of the world.
So what could you add?
- A photo (past or present) of a Primitive Methodist Chapel
- A story about a person or family
- A memory of an event e.g. Whit walk, Sunday School anniversary
- What it meant to you to be a Primitive Methodist
- What you know about Primitive Methodism in a particular place
- Information about any aspect of Primitive Methodism
- Research into a particular topic e.g. the temperance movement, trade unions
Look round this site to see what other people have added. Most people just add one photo or one paragraph of text. Others add whole photo galleries or fully referenced articles.
It’s so easy!
- You can sign in right now, create a rough draft or test page, and log in later to finish it.
- When you’re ready, you press a button to submit your words and photos to our editors for publishing
Why do I need to register and log-in?
Registering sets up your own personal part of the site. It also helps to stop rude or unacceptable material being added to the site by web browsers.
We keep your details in case the editors need to contact you, e.g. they might need to check something about your page before it goes on the main site. Your e-mail address will not be publicly available on the site and we will not pass it on to anyone else without your permission.
Contribute via email or post
We also accept submissions by email or post. If you’d prefer to contribute that way, please send your material to email@example.com or mail it to Englesea Brook Museum, Englesea Brook, Crewe CW2 5QW.
Audio and video clips
If you have audio or video recordings you would like to add to the website please contact us for more information.
Please also contact us if you would like to be recorded telling your story.
Terms and conditions
- Text submitted to the site may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability.
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced (for example, to improve contrast).
- My Primitive Methodists is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- My Primitive Methodists may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations. Please ensure you own the copyright or have been given permission by the copyright owner before submitting material.
Edits post publication
If you need to edit a page after it is published there are two options open to you.
- You can submit a comment to the page outlining the changes you would like to make. One of the site editors will then make the changes to the page and delete the comment.
- You can contact us by e-mail and request the changes you would like to make.
Do you need any help with the material you’re thinking of adding? Do you need help with writing your story, or help with publishing it to the site? Please contact us.