Paul was born in 1829 at Hull, Yorkshire. His father was Thomas.
After leaving the PM ministry, Paul became an Independent/Congregational minister.
He married Mary Jane Clark (abt1830-1911) on 9 August 1851 at All Saints, Sculcoates, Yorkshire. Census returns identify seven children.
- Paul Luther (1851-1926) – an oil mill foreman (1891)
- Mary Jane (b1855)
- Harry Gordon (1857-1938) – a paper manufacturer (1901)
- Arthur William (1861-1952) – a carriage finisher (1901)
- Mary Ellen (b1863) – married Richard Benjamin Wasdell, a pumping superintendent (1911), in 1885
- Elizabeth Grace (1866-1942) – a nurse (1891); married John Wingfield, a physician and surgeon (1911), in 1897
- Emma Maria (1870-1905) – a foster mother (1901)
Paul died in late 1893 at Meriden, Warwickshire.
- 1849 Gainsborough
- 1851 Driffield
- 1852 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers