Francis was born on 28 October 1804 at York, Yorkshire. His father, John, was a shoemaker. Francis was baptised on 11 November 1904 at York.
He married Harriet Burton (b abt1807) on 25 June 1831 at Little Driffied, Yorkshire. Census returns and birth records identify five children.
- James Collin (b1832)
- Mary Ann (abt1834-1918) – married William Cumberland, a Wesleyan minister, in 1870
- Harriet (b1837) – married Andrew Yuille, a pickle & sauce maker (1861), in 1859 at Ayr, Scotland
- Francis Burton (1845-1868)
- Ernest Enoch (b1849 – a grocer & licensed victualler’s stocktaker (1891); emigrated to Australia in 1902
Francis died in the summer of 1888 at Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire.
- 1826 Burland
- 1827 Malton
- 1828 Hull
- 1831 Leeds
- 1833 became a Wesleyan minister
Wesleyan Minutes 1889/14
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers