Francis Bower Bointon was baptised on 1 December 1839 at Pickering, Yorkshire. His parents were John Bointon, a baker and farmer (1861, and Tabitha Bower.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Francis either side of his ministry.
- 1861 machine maker
- 1871 draper
- 1881 accountant
- 1891 grocer and provision merchant
- 1901 greengrocer shopkeeper
- 1911 sauce manufacturer
In 1879 he was accused of forging and uttering a bill of exchange, but was acquitted.
He married Catherine Stamp (1840-1874) in the summer of 1865 at Stockton, Co. Durham. Census returns identify four children.
- John Francis Stamp (abt1866-1912) – a retired grocer (1901); later a commercial traveller (1911)
- George Ernest Bower (1868-1949) – a life assurance superintendent (1911)
- Louise Catherine Frances (abt1871-1871)
- Walter Edwin Ramsey (1872-1954) – a grocery manufacturer’s agent (1911)
He married Elizabeth Ann Margaret Stamp (1838-1895) in the summer of 1876 in the Middlesborough Registration District, Yorkshire. She was the older sister of Catherine.
He married Annie Mason (1863-1939) in late 1895 at Newbury, Berkshire. Census returns identify three children.
- Catherine Elizabeth Annie Margaret (1897-1965) – a clerk (1939)
- Frances Martha Fanny Louise (1899-1977) – a domestic servant (1939)
- Helena Alice May Tabitha (1901-1993) – a domestic help (1939)
Francis died in the spring of 1925 at Southampton, Hampshire.
- 1862 Stockton
- 1864 Guisborough
- 1865 Gateshead
- 1866 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers