Following the hint from Steve Gaw below, I have identified the following information in online records.
Henry was born abt1811 at Penwortham, Preston, Lancashire, to parents William Brining, a PM minister, and Margaret Peggy Wignal.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Henry.
- 1841 shopkeeper
- 1851 grocer & tea dealer
- 1861 tea dealer
- 1871 tea dealer & PM local preacher
- 1881 tea dealer
He married Mary Ann McMillan (abt1806-1866) on 1 December 1832 at St John the Baptist, Chester. Census returns identify eight children.
- John (1834-1878) – a general dealer (1861)
- William (1836-1894) – a hosier and haberdasher (1871)
- Henry (1836-1855)
- Mary Ann (b1837)
- Sarah (b1839) – not found after 1841
- Elizabeth (1841-1844)
- Elizabeth (1845-1912) – married Charles James, a clerk (1871), in 1867
- Miriam (1847-1868)
He married Mary Hayes (abt1820-1879) in early 1867 at Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
He married Annie Cottrell (b abt1857) in the spring of 1879 in the West Derby Registration District, Lancashire. Census returns identify one child.
- Henrietta (1880-1941) – married Thomas Arthur Stacey, a silver finisher (1901), in 1899
Henry died on 15 March 1886 at Chester, Cheshire.
- 1828 Isle of Man
- 1829 Huddersfield
- 1830 Chester
- 1831 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers