Charles was baptised on 27 April 1835 at Wickham, Hampshire. His parents were Charles Compton Burnett, a dairyman (1851) and Sarah.
He married Esther Rees (d1862) in the spring of 1857 at Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales. Records identify one child.
- Charles Compton (1858-1859)
He married Sarah Ann Trafford (1837-1920) in the summer of 1863 at Greenwich, London. Census returns identify seven children.
- May Compton (1864-1914) – a lodging house proprietor (1910)
- Charles Percy (1866-1954) – a minister
- Harold Trafford (1868-1933) – a bookstore proprietor (1910)
- Hugh Compton (1871-1938) – a clerk in bookstore (1900)
- Ethel A (abt1873-1912)
- Oswald Arthur (1877-1953) -a building contractor (1910)
- Mabel A (b abt1879)
Charles died in 1887 at Spokane, Washington, USA
- 1854 Goudhurst & Tunbridge Wells
- 1855 Pembroke
- 1857 disappears
- 1862 Sheerness, Bethel – Congregational minister
- 1868 Newmarket
Surman Index id 4121
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers