Thomas was baptised one 11 May 1827 at Haltwhistle, Northumberland. His parents were John, a farmer, and Susannah.
After leaving the ministry, census returns identify the following occupations.
- 1861 grocer
- 1871 agent
- 1881 insurance agent, United Kingdon Alliance
Thereafter he is shown as living on his own means.
He married Elizabeth Brodie (1830-1872) in the summer of 1853 in Newcastle upon Tyne. Census returns identify four children.
- Susannah Evangeline (1854-1873)
- Mary Elizabeth (b1856) – married John Foster, a PM minister, in 1879
- Thomas John Brodie Makepeace (1860-1877)
- Ernest Ebenezer (1869-1888)
He married Jane Lawson (1832-1919) in early 1878 at Carlisle, Cumberland.
Thomas died on 2 July 1912 at Keswick, Cumberland.
- 1848 Berwick
- 1850 Shotley Bridge
- 1852 Alston
- 1853 N Shields
- 1855 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers