Mark was baptised on 28 July 1836 at Patrington, Yorkshire. His parents were John, a grocer, and Jane.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Mark.
- 1861 agricultural labourer & PM local preacher
- 1871 linen draper
- 1881 linen draper
- 1891 draper and auctioneer
- 1901 auctioneer and valuer
After leaving the ministry Mark settled in Selby, Yorkshire.
He married Maria Cook (1838-1888) in the spring of 1866 in the Thorne Registration District. This covers Crowle, Lincolnshire, where Maria was born. Census returns identify four children.
- William Arthur (1867-1918) – emigrated to USA in 1889; a coal dealer (1900); died at McAlester, Pittsburgh County, Oklahoma, USA
- Annie Maria (1870-1888)
- Florence (b1875) – a milliner (1901); a milliner shopkeeper (1939)
- Ella (1877-1950) – a governess (1901); a milliner shopkeeper (1939)
He married Abiah Rebecca Plaistowe, nee Blunsom (abt1865-1940) in the summer of 1890 at Traffic St PM Chapel, Derby, Derbyshire. Census returns identify four children.
- Constance Mary (1891-1952) – a milliner assistant (1911); married Frederick Henry Rogerson, a dairy farmer & milk retailer (1939), in 1914
- Horace (1892-1966) – a grocer’s assistant (1911)
- Dorothy (b1894)
- Mabel (b1897) – a general domestic servant (1911)
Mark died in January 1911 at Patrington, Yorkshire. His funeral took place on 24 January.
- 1862 North cave
- 1863 Epworth
- 1864 Louth
- 1865 Selby
- 1866 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers