I have not been able to identify Joseph’s birth. Census returns identify birth years between 1843 and 1850. He was born at Sheffield, Yorkshire.
He married Harriet Ann Loverseed (abt1851-1877) in early 1874 at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire. Census returns identify two children.
- Ernest Harry Loverseed (1876-1949) – a barrister
- Joseph Loverseed (1877-1923) – a coach builder (1901)
He married Letitia Spruce (1847-1912) in the summer of 1878 in the Stourbridge Registration District, Worcestershire.
Joseph died on 9 August 1911 at Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
- 1868 Maryport
- 1869 Whitehaven
- 1870 Guisborough
- 1871 disappears
- 1870-74 Paton Congregational College
- 1874 Great Ayton
- 1878 Ashley, Staffordshire with Milton
- 1882 Chigwell Row, Essex
- 1895 Great Ayton
- 1898-1907 Barkaway, Herts
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index Id: 11476?
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers