Thomas was born in the spring of 1849 at Howden, Yorkshire, to parents Robert, a carrier (1861), and Harriet.
After leaving the ministry Tomas became a boot and shoe dealer in Grimsby, Lincolnshire.
He married Martha Brader (1845-1936) in the spring of 1875 in the Caister Registration District, Lincolnshire. Census returns identify five children.
- William Arthur (1877-1964) – a letterpress printer foreman (1911); served in Royal navy and R.A.F. in WW1; a toy and sports goods dealer (1939)
- Albert Ernest (1880-1954) – a letterpress printer (1911); served in Army in WW1
- Martha (1882-1973) – a milliner (1911)
- Annie (b1884) – married Hilderic H Whitlock in 1912
- Florence Jane (b1889) – an accountant’s clerk (1911); married John H Jones in 1991
Thomas died on 18 September 1926 at Grimsby, Lincolnshire.
- Sunderland Theological Institute
- 1871 Grimsby II
- 1872 Pocklington
- 1873 Hull I
- 1874 Tetney
- 1875 Bridlington
- 1878 Louth
- 1879 Nafferton
- 1881 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers