Hosea was born 14 February 1847 at Buckley, Flintshire, to parents Joseph Hewitt, a coal miner (1861), and Mary Roberts. He was baptised on 14 March 1847 at Northrop cum Flint.
He emigrated to USA in 1885.
He married Martha Ann Allen (1848-1908) in the spring of 1873 at Leeds, Yorkshire. Census returns identify four children.
- Joseph William (1875-1938)
- Florence Mary (1877-1891)
- Martha Gertrude (1878-1954) – a school teacher (1925)
- Ethel Elizabeth (1880-1957) – married Fred W Dinsmore, an insurance agent (1930), in 1902
Hosea died on 5 November 1906 at Portland, Cumberland County, Maine, USA
- 1869 Pateley Bridge
- 1871 Horbury
- 1872 Leeds III
- 1876 Bradford I
- 1879 to Congregational ministry
- Airedale Independent College
- 1880 Gomersal
- 1881-5 Ipswich, Crown Street
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman index id:12391
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers