Henry was born in the spring of 1848 at Ashley, Lincolnshire, to parents Robert Hird, a grocer and draper (1851) and Fanny Dennis Kendall.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Henry.
- 1871 PM minister
- 1881 curate of Thornhill, Yorkshire
- 1891 vicar of St Mary’s , Halifax
- 1901 clergyman (C of E)
He married Martha Bland Coates (1844-1894) on 20 June 1878 at St Matthew, Leeds, Yorkshire. Census returns identify four children.
- Bertha Bland (1879-1899)
- Stella Kendall (1881-1973) – a school mistress (1911); senior tax officer (1939)
- Henry Dennis (1883-1951) – a draughtsman; valuation department, Inland Revenue (1911); H.M. Inspector of Taxes (1939)
- Martha Beatrice (1886-1960) – housekeeper for brother and sister (1939)
He married Annie Elizabeth Wood (1846-1944) on 15 April 1896 at Bottesford, Lincolnshire.
Henry died on 6 July 1906 at Halifax, Yorkshire.
- 1869 Pontefract
- 1871 Leeds IV
- 1873 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers