Henry was born on 4 March 1847 at Tong, Shropshire, to parents Henry Huffadine and Emma Hughes. His father died before Henry was born.
Henry was educated at Elmfield College, York. Before entering the ministry Henry was apprenticed to a miller.
He married Emma Turner (1838-1913) in the summer of 1867 in the Shifnal Registration District, Shropshire. Census returns identify five children.
- Henry Joseph (1867-1925) – a Congregational minister; died in New Zealand
- Louise Emma (1871-1928) – married William Brown, a grocer, in 1896
- Florence Leah (b1873) – married Fred Kilby, an accountant (1911), in 1899
- Ada Emily (1875-1941) – married Roland Harper, a commercial traveller (1901), in 1900
- Felicia (1879-1958) – a housekeeper (1939)
Henry died on 27 July 1903 at Wolverhampton, Staffordshire.
- 1867 Swansea
- 1868 disappears
- 1876-1903 Brewood – Congregational minister
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman index id:13078
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers