Issachar was born abt1795 in London to parents Issachar and Rebecca. He was baptised on 19 July 1795 at St Werburgh, Derby, Derbyshire.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Issachar.
- 1841 cordwainer, in Town Gaol, St Mary, Nottingham
- 1851 shoemaker
- 1861 shoemaker
He married Harriet Trolley (1805-1870) on 27 December 1924 at St Mary Le Wigford, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Census returns identify five children.
- Lewis (1826-1908) – a shoemaker
- Miram Rose (1827-1908) – married Joseph Burton in 1848
- Leonis (b1835) – a silk lace dresser (1851)
- Rebecca (b1839) – married John Pitt, a lace designer (1861), in 1860
- Mary Jane (b1841)
Issachar died in July 1866 at Radford, Nottinghamshire. He was buried on 22 July 1866 at St Mary, Nottingham.
- 1821 Scotter
- 1823 Brigg
- 1824 Lincoln
- 1825 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Many records spell the surname Jaquiss