Henry was born on 27 April 1832 at Ashby, Lincolnshire, to parents Thomas, a carrier, and Fanny. he was baptised on 1 May 1832 at Bottesford, Lincolnshire. His brothers, Amos, Charles, Dennis and Thomas were PM ministers.
He married Margaret Millen (1834-1913) in the summer of 1861 in the Hampstead Registration District, London. Census returns identify three children.
- Ada (1862-1939) – married Thomas William Dixon, a produce commission agent (1901), in 1898
- Effie (1864-1925) – assistant mistress at high school (1911)
- Arthur (1869-1927) – a bank cashier (1911); a bank manager (1925)
Henry died on 25 February 1900 at Darlington, Co. Durham.
- 1850 Brompton
- 1851 Sunderland
- 1855 disappears
- 1855 Lancashire Independent College
- 1859-1893 Darlington, Bethel – Congregational minister
- 1893 USA
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index id: 16139
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers