Albert was born in 1852 at Great Driffield, Yorkshire, to parents John, a commercial traveller (1877), and Margaret.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Albert.
- 1871 shopman to a miller
- 1881 Unitarian minister
- 1891 Unitarian minister in Glasgow, Scotland
- 1900 minister in Chicago, Illinois
- 1910 Unitarian minister at Essex Massachusetts
The family emigrated to USA in 1899.
He married Elizabeth Annie Tottie (1853-1937) on 25 July 1877 at Strangeways Unitarian Chapel, New Bridge Street, Cheetham, Manchester. Census returns identify four children.
- Beatrice (1878-1973) – married Joseph Herbert Smethursts, cotton yarn merchant (1911), in 1902
- Paul Helme 1880-1966) – a civil engineer (1930); died in British Colombia, Canada
- John Richard (b1884) – an attorney (1930)
- Margaret (Betty) (b1893)
Albert died in February 1920 at Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1873 Mansfield
- 1874 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers