Frank was born in 1876 at Barton on Humber, Lincolnshire, to parents Francis Leadley, a PM minister, and Sophia Morris.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Frank.
- 1891 clerk in shipbroker’s office
- 1901 PM minister
- 1911 draper & clothier dealer
Frank emigrated to Australia in 1912 and moved on the New Zealand in 1920. An electoral rolls for 1914 and 1919 at Kyabram, Echuca, Victoria lists Frank as an orchardist. In New Zealand, Frank again took up the work of the ministry.
He married Clara Richards (1881-1967) in the summer of 1904 at Bootle, Lancashire. Records identify six children.
- Ernest Clarence (b1905) – a Methodist minister in New Zealand
- Beatrice (b1908) – married James Howard Long, a labourer (1948), in 1934
- Marjorie (1911-2000) – married Edward Arthur Archer, an engineer (1938), in 1934
- Arthur Richards (1915-1919)
- Percy George (1918-2006) – a postal clerk (1972)
- Frank Edwin (b abt1920) – a mechanic (1957)
Frank died on 1964 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- 1900 Millom
- 1904 Stoke on Trent
- 1907 Huddersfield
- 1908 ceased
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers