John was born abt1841 at Barlby, Yorkshire.
Census returns identify the following occupations for John.
- 1861 wheelwright’s apprentice
- 1871 PM minister
- 1881 Baptist minister at Cannock
The family emigrated to USA in 1886.
He married Lucy Eliza Sear (1847-1927) in late 1871 in the Halstead Registration District, Essex. Census returns identify five children.
- Herbert George (b1872)
- Margaret Annie (abt1878-1907) – married Frank Wilber Bryant in 1904
- Ernest Harold (abt1880-1912)
- Ethel Elizabeth Emily (b abt1886) – a public school teacher (1910)
- John Ronald (1889-1959) – a studio technician for MGM (1942)
John died between 1900 and 1910 in Iowa, USA.
- 1866 Maldon
- 1867 Eynesbury
- 1868 Marlborough
- 1869 Gt Bardfield
- 1870 Braintree
- 1871 Richmond
- 1872 Maidstone
- 1873 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers