This travelling preacher was probably Abner Lucas, born abt1798 at Tunstall, Staffordshire.
After leaving the ministry he developed a fire brick manufacturing business at Eighton Banks, Lamesley, nr gateshead, Co. Durham.
He married Isabella Hall (1806-1874) on 2 October 1824 at St Oswald, Shincliffe, Co Durham. Census returns identify ten children; two further children are identified via his grave memorial stone.
- Peter (1826-1883) – a firebrick manufacturer
- Catherine (1828-1853)
- Ann (b1834) – married George Walker in 1859
- Mary (b abt1834) – not identified after 1841 census
- Jemima (1836-1848)
- John (1838-1900) – a firebrick manufacturer
- Isabella (1840-1842)
- Robert (abt1842-1844)
- Isabella (abt1844-1846)
- Robert (1846-1883) – a brick manufacturer
- Jemima (1848-1929) – married George Ferguson Burrell, a commission agent (1871), in 1870
- Abner (1850-1918) – a brick manufacturer
Abner died on 21 February 1865 at Eighton Banks, Co. Durham.
- 1824 S Shields (6 mths)
- 1824 Newcastle (6 mths)
- 1825 Brompton
- 1826-7 not shown
- 1828 Thorne (W Lucas)
- 1829 Hull
- 1830 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers