Henry was born on 6 September 1836 at Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, to parents Richard, a butcher, and Elizabeth. He was baptised on 23 October 1836 at Chipping Norton Wesleyan Chapel.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Henry.
- 1851 a solicitor’s writing clerk
- 1861 grocer and pork butcher
- 1871 grocer
- 1881 PM minister
The family emigrated to USA in 1885, where Henry continued in the ministry as a Presbyterian.
He married Mary Ann Pearson (abt1837-1911) in the spring of 1858 at Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire. Census returns identify four children.
- Mary Louisa (1859-1933) – married Ellsworth E Scott, a sawyer (1910), circa 1887
- Joseph Henry (1860-1922) – a butcher (1901); remained in UK and died in the Wrexham area
- Sarah Elizabeth (1862-1925) – married William Wallace Christie, an insurance agent (1900) circa 1897
- Arthur Pearson (1864-1918) – a hotel proprietor (1900); died at Fresno, California
Henry died on 10 October 1912 in Allegany County, New York, USA.
- 1874 Southwark
- 1876 Surrey Chapel
- 1877 London II
- 1879 Buckingham
- 1881 Wrexham
- 1884 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers