George was born abt1854 at Donnington, Lincolnshire, to parents James Martin and Anna Maria Sewell. He was baptised on 30 January 1854 at Donnington in Holland, Lincolnshire.
George married Elizabeth Large (abt1855-1925) in the spring of 1881 in the Plomesgate Registration District, Suffolk. Census returns identify five children.
- Lillie Sewell (1885-1928) – married Reginald W Turner in 1911
- George Luther (1886-1970) – a chemist’s assistant (1911)
- William Cooper (1888-1977) – a chemist
- Rosa Emily Martin (1891-1976) – married Barwise L Percival, a colliery engiineman (1939), in 1929
- Annie Elizabeth (abt1897-1987) – married William Martin, a chemical plant assistant foreman (1940); died in USA
George died on 26 July 1930 at Ellenborough, Maryport, Cumberland.
- 1874 Abergavenny
- 1975 Falmouth
- 1876 Pembroke Dock
- 1878 disappears
- Milford, Surrey – Congregational minister
- 1879 Alderton, Northants
- 1888 Lowestoft
- 1896 Bletchingly, Surrey
- 1901 Godalming, Surrey
- 1905-1923 Maryport, Cumberland
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman index id:18222
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers