Joseph was baptised on 25 August 1805 at Bayton, Worcestershire. His parents were Joseph and Mary.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Joseph.
- 1851 machine man
- 1861 shoemaker and PM local preacher
- 1871 shopkeeper and PM local preacher
He married Eliza Jones (1807-1848) on 26 December 1827 at Lalnbedr-Painscastle, Radnorshire. Census returns identify five children.
- Joseph (1830-1872) – an iron puddler (1861)
- Thomas (b abt1832) – a coal miner (1851)
- Mary Ann (1834-1843)
- James (1836-1910) – a puddler (1879)
- William (b1841) – not identified after 1871 census
He married Mary Lewes (b abt1821) in the spring of 1852 at Bayton, Worcestershire. Census returns identify one child.
- Isabella (1856-1924) – married Henry Harper, a plasterer (1891), in 1878
Joseph died on 30 September 1879 at Worcester, Worcestershire.
- 1825 Tunstall
- 1826 Hopton Bank
- 1827 Prees Green
- 1828 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers