James was born abt1809 at Blackwater, Cornwall. His father was William Morish and mother’s maiden name Bennett.
He married Elizabeth Hanbury Pressdee (1812-1899) on 1 January 1838 at Stanford Bishop, Herefordshire. Census returns identify three children.
- Elizabeth Pressdee (1838-1898) – married George Kemmis in 1864
- William Henry (1845-1914) – a farmer
- Edwin Bennett (1850-1851)
James died in 1859 at Avoca, Victoria, Australia.
- 1828 Redruth
- 1829 Darlaston
- 1830 Shrewsbury
- 1832 Bishops castle
- 1833 Moreton
- 1837 Barnstable
- 1838 disappears to Congregational ministry
- 1848 Bradford
- 1853-9 Avoca, Victoria, Australia
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index id18982
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers