Henry was born abt1837 at Stafford, Staffordshire, to parents John, a cordwainer, and Jane.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Henry.
- 1851 cordwainer
- 1861 PM minister
- 1871 provision dealer in Crewe
- 1881 cheese factor
- 1891 general clerk in Crewe, Cheshire
- 1901 book-keeper at Barry, Glamorgan
He married Eliza Pointon (abt1827-1895) in the summer of 1857 in the Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire. Census returns identify two children.
- Alfred Pointon (1858-1927) – a chemist and sub-postmaster (1891)
- Francis Henry (1864-1942) – a commercial traveller for a druggist (1901)
He married Fanny (b abt1847 in Liverpool) – I have not been able to identify an online marriage record.
I have not been able to identify Henry’s death record.
- 1855 Whitchurch
- 1856 Burland
- 1857 Oswestry
- 1859 Dudley
- 1861 Burland
- 1863 Nantwich
- 1865 Nantwich (S)
- 1869 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers