Luke was baptised on 21 August 1817 at Ovington, Norfolk. His parents were Thomas, a labourer, and Elizabeth.
The 1851 census return records Like as a shoemaker. The family emigrated to USA circa 1851where Luke worked initially as a shoemaker but later returned to the ministry between 1860 and 1870.
He married Ann Batterby (1817-1865) on 19 April 1841 at Denver, Norfolk. Records identify seven children.
- Thomas Howlitt Nott (1842-1864) – a labourer (1860)
- Elizabeth Ann (1849-1915) – married Harvey J Tremper, a farmer, in 1873
- Henry (Harry) David (1850-1916) – a farmer (1910)
- Rachel Esther (1852-1936)
- George Washington (1854-1922) – a farmer
- Myron A (1855-1885) – a druggist
- Frederick B (1861-1939) – a barn boss (1910)
Luke died on 12 August 1893 at Birch Run, Saginaw County, Michigan, USA
- 1837 Wangford
- 1838 Aylsham
- 1839 N Walsham
- 1840 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: Ann’s maiden name is also spelt Batterbee in several records.