George was born in late 1846 at Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire, to parents Thomas, a chain maker (1851), and Margaret.
Census returns identify the following occupations for George.
- 1861 coal miner
- 1871 PM minister
- 1881 iron turner at works
- 1891 foreman iron twiner
- 1901 iron turner
- 1911 assistant storekeeper at weighing machine company
He married Martha Lister Wilkinson (1849-1911). Census returns identify seven children.
- Florence Mary Verna (1874-1949) – married Frederick Davenport, a shipping clerk, in 1896
- Arthur George (abt1877-1939) – an upholsterer (1911)
- Amy Gertrude (abt1880-1961) – married William James Roberts, a painter, in 1914
- Martha Wilkinson (1882-1953) – a cafe waitress (1911); married John Martin Smith, a clerk, in 1914
- Alfred (b1884) – a tram conductor (1911)
- Elizabeth (b1886) – a housekeeper (1911)
- Mary (b1889) – a housekeeper (1911)
George died in early 1925 at Audley, Staffordshire.
- 1870 Hadnall
- 1871 Cwm
- 1872 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers