John was born abt1857 at Wearhead, Co. Durham. I have not been able to unambiguously identify his parents in online records.
The 1901 census return records John as a Primitive Methodist minister (retired) living at Tideswell, Derbyshire. In 1911 census John is recorded as a PM minister at Pewsey, Wiltshire.
He married Annie Perry (1858-1909) of Blandford, Dorset. I have not been able to identify an online marriage record. Census returns identify five children.
- Melita Elizabeth Morland (1886-1959) – a schoolmistress; married Henry Charles Gillett, a carpenter, in 1911
- Winifred Annie (1888-1939) – married William Alfred Randall, a coal mine repairer, in 1909
- Edna Lilias (1889-1972) – married John Westmacott, a farmer, in 1914
- Ivan Emerson (1891-1978) – a schoolmaster (head) (1939)
- Lucy Geraldine (1894-1971) – a governess (1911)
He married Annie Harrison (1861-1946) in early 1910 in the Wigton Registration District, Cumberland.
John died on 10 April 1922 at St John’s Chapel, Westgate, Co. Durham.
- 1884 Fassifern – Australia
- 1885 Mt Esk
- 1888 Redland Bay
- 1889 Emerald
- 1890 Cooktown
- 1892 to England
- 1892 Halstead
- 1895 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers