William was born abt1822 at Duffield, Derbyshire.
Census returns identify the following occupations after William left the PM ministry.
- 1861 book-keeper
- 1871 Insurance agent
- 1881 insurance agent & Baptist lay preacher
- 1891 insurance agent & teacher
- 1901 insurance agent
He married Martha Flint (1820-1853) in the summer of 1849 at Wirksworth, Derbyshire.
He married Mary Stubbs (1822-1895) in the spring of 1855 at Wymeswold, Leicestershire. Census returns identify three children.
- George Richard (1856-1911) – an estate agent and tax collector (1911)
- Willie Samuel (1859-1934) – a photographer (1881) Nottingham
- Catherine Anne (1862-1949) – married William Marshall, a boot and shoe manufacturer, in 1893
William died on 28 December 1908 at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire.
- 1844 Belper
- 1845 Derby
- 1846 Horncastle
- 1848 Rugby
- 1849 Newark
- 1851 Sheffield
- 1853 Spalding
- 1854 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers