Alfred was born abt1855 at Paddington, Middlesex, to parents Isaac Rix, a watch and clock maker (1861), and Margaret Alice Fenn. He was baptised on 7 May 1893 at Horton, nr Bradford, Yorkshire, prior to becoming a Church of England clergyman. In 1911 he was Rector of Leathley, Yorkshire.
He married Harriet Elizabeth Hindle (1857-1940) in the summer of 1880 in the Thetford Registration District, Norfolk. Census returns identify four children.
- Harriet Elizabeth Hindle (1881-1958) – a matron, Leeds Training College (1939)
- Morgan Alfred (1883-1906) – an architect’s pupil (1901)
- Eveline Alice (1890-1980) – married Howe Hewlett, a garage proprietor (1939), in 1919
- Gordon Arthur (1898-1987) – an electrical engineer (1940)
Alfred died on 24 October 1937 at Manningham, Bradford, Yorkshire.
- 1877 Lowestoft
- 1879 disappears
- 1879 Thetford – Congregational minister
- 1887-1892 Great Horton – High Street
Surman index id:23842
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers