Abraham was born abt1830 at Rochdale, Lancashire, to parents James, a stone mason (1841), and Ann.
After leaving the ministry Abraham worked as a baker and confectioner.
He married Mary Shipley (1832-1889) in 1851 at Douglas, Isle of Man. Census returns identify five children.
- John James (1857-1908) – a confectionary baker (1901)
- William (1859-1928) – a confectioner (1881)
- Mary Isabella (abt1860-1867)
- Hannah Shipley (1866-1894) – a confectioner (1881); married George henry Bradshaw in 1890
- Agnes (1870-1945) – a confectioner (1891); a companion (1911); in capacitated (1939)
Abraham died in early 1872 at Stalybridge, Cheshire.
- 1850 Douglas
- 1851 Manchester II
- 1852 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers
Note: Many records have the surname Sager.