A transcription of Journal Extracts published in the Primitive Methodist Magazine relating to Scotter Circuit is attached.
Richard was baptised on 10 December 1800 at Appleby, Lincolnshire. His parents were John and Susannah.
He emigrated to Canada shorty after his marriage. Census returns in Canada identify the following occupation for Richard.
- 1851 farmer & Wesleyan Methodist
- 1861 farmer & New Connexion Methodist
- 1871 minister Swedenborgian/New Jerusalem Church
He married Ann Ranby (1809-1899) on 24 March 1831 at Blyton, Lincolnshire. Records identify seven children.
- Elizabeth (1835-1910) – married William Henry Armstrong, a merchant (1861)
- Sarah (1836-1889) – married Robert Nicholson, a lumber merchant & Bible Christian, in 1862
- Richard Ranby (1839-1901) – a farmer (1880); died in USA
- Amaziah H (1840-1865)
- John Sargon (1844-1921) – a minister (1900); editor & publisher of religious paper (1910); died in Chicago, USA
- William Harrison (1847-1917) – a baker merchant (1901)
- Ann Alice (1848-1876) – married Frank Geris Buttolph, a lumberman
Richard died on 3 October 1877 at Strathroy, Adelaide, Middlesex, Ontario, Canada
- 1825 Lincoln
- 1826 Howden
- 1828 Scotter
- 1830 Tadcaster
- 1832 disappears
Primitive Methodist Magazine 1830/103
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers