Larret was born on 18 July 1867 at Rawmarsh, Rotherham, Yorkshire, to mother Eliza Ann Sayles. The 1871 census return records Larret living with his grandparents, John, a carter, and Ellen. His mother married John Sheard (Shird) in 1871 and the 1881 census return records Larret living with them.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Larret.
- 1881 office boy (messenger)
- 1891 unattached minister P Methodist
- 1901 general labourer & commission agent
- 1911 clerk in holy orders at Awsworth
- 1939 clerk in holy orders at Awsworth
He married Margaret Brown (1863-1932) circa 1890 in Glasgow, Lanarkshire. Census returns identify five of seven children.
- Elsie L (b1891)
- Clifford Bertram (1893-1957) – a colliery clerk (1911); a bank manager (1939)
- Stella Marina (1894-1972) – honorary parish worker; a cost clerk (1939)
- Millicent Alicia (1897-1975)
- George Osborne (1901-1994) – a lecturer (1936)
He married Emma Riley (1885-1968) in early 1933 in the Nottingham Registration District, Nottinghamshire.
Larret died on 9 October 1942 at Awsworth, nr. Ilkeston, Nottinghamshire.
1887 Glasgow II
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers