Daniel was born abt1859 at Ince, Lancashire, to parents Edwin, a colliery underlooker (1861), and Ann.
Census return identify the following occupations for Daniel.
- 1871 pony driver at colliery
- 1881 PM minister
- 1891 clerk in holy orders in Liverpool
- 1901 clergyman of Church of England at Over Wyersdale, Lancashire
- 1911 clerk in holy orders at Preesall with Hackinsall, Poulton le Fylde
He married Euphemia Catherine Borwick (1852-1914) on 5 July 1883 at Trinity Wesleyan Methodist Church, Frodsham, Cheshire. Census returns and birth records identify four children.
- Edwin Borwick (1884-1918) – a bankers clerk (1911); died in WW1
- Robert (b1886) – a clergyman (Established Church (1911)
- Janet (1888-1890)
- Thomas (1888-1888)
Daniel died on 30 July 1930 at Morecambe, Lancashire.
- 1879 Liverpool I
- 1880 Preston Brook
- 1883 Lancaster
- 1888 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers