Edward was born in the summer of 1848 at Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, to parents Edward, a locksmith (1851), and Sarah.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Edward.
- 1871 PM minister
- 1881 coal merchant at Bushbury, Staffordshire.
- 1901 coal merchant (retired)
- 1911 property owner at Handsworth, Staffordshire
He married Julia Emuss (1854-1881) in the summer of 1878 in the Dudley Registration District, Staffordshire. Census returns identify one child.
- Julia Emuss (1881-1881)
He married Elizabeth Marler (1847-1914) in the spring of 1882 in the Wolverhampton Registration District, Staffordshire. Census returns identify three children.
- Arthur Edward (abt1884-1954) – art teacher & student (1911)
- Ethel Marler (1885-1957)
- Florence Elizabeth (1887-1896)
Edward died on 2 November 1917 at Warley, Worcestershire.
- 1869 Monmouth
- 1870 Chippenham
- 1871 Cardiff
- 1872 Pembroke Dock
- 1873 Braintree
- 1874 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers