Edward was born in 1822 at Chieveley, Berkshire, to parents Edward and Elizabeth. He was baptised on 2 June 1822 at Chieveley.
Census returns identify the following occupations for Edward.
- 1851 PM minister
- 1861 in Tyrone, Ireland (based on birth places of children)
- 1871 book agent (seller) at Rochdale, Lancashire
- 1881 insurance agent in Paddington, London
- 1891 Philanthropist
He married Sarah Elizabeth Hunt (abt1834-1887) in early 1853 in the Wycombe Registration District, Buckinghamshire. Census returns identify five children.
- Edward George (1856-1904) – a carpet salesman (1901)
- Betsy (abt1859-1875)
- John (abt1864-1925) – a tramcar driver (1891); electric tram car conductor (1911)
- William (1866-1877)
- Frederick (Fred) (abt1869-1946) – a house painter (1901)
Edward died on 29 January 1897 at Paddington, London.
- 1847 Petersfield
- 1848 Banbury
- 1850 High Wycombe
- 1852 Newbury
- 1854 Winchester
- 1855 disappears
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers