Frederick was born on 27 August 1849 at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, to parents James, a lace maker, and Eliza.
He married Annie Rachel Lewis (1853-1916) in the summer of 1875 in the Merthyr Tydfil Registration District, Glamorgan. Census returns identify four children.
- Archibald Lewis (1876-1966) – a congregational minister (1911)
- Eliza Jane (b1880) – a governess (1911)
- Olga Amy (1881-1899)
- Nesta Annie (1894-1957)
Frederick died on 12 January 1922 at King Edward VII Cottage Hospital, Haywards Heath, Sussex.
- 1872 Norwich
- 1874 disappears
- 1874 Troedyrhiw, Glamorgan – Congregational minister
- 1875 Ivor Chapel, Dowlais, Glamorgan
- 1882 Mill Street, Newport, Monmouthshire
- 1890 Witham, Essex
- 1904-1919 Turners Hill, Sussex
W Leary, Directory of Primitive Methodist Ministers and their Circuits, 1990
Surman Index id: 30412
Census Returns and Births, Marriages & Deaths Registers